Victron Energy MultiPlus 48/3000/35-50 230V Sine Wave Charger Inverter VE.Bus
Unique PowerAssist feature
The MultiPlus will prevent overload of a limited AC source, such as a generator or shore power connection. First, battery charging will automatically be reduced when otherwise an overload would occur. The second level will boost the output of a generator or shore side supply with power taken from the battery.
Uninterrupted AC power (UPS function)
In the event of a grid failure, or when shore or generator power is disconnected, the inverter within the Multi is automatically activated and takes over the supply to the connected loads. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
Remote Monitoring and Control
Monitor and control your MultiPlus and system or systems’ locally (LAN) or remotely via the internet from anywhere in the world, using the free VRM app and free VRM portal website. Access can be from a phone, tablet, laptop, or PC for multiple operating systems. There is no end to the level of control, via the required Color Control GX or Venus GX, from adjusting your MultiPlus to setting a Geofence for-hire vehicles and more.
Multifunctional, with intelligent power management
The Multiplus is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology, and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact enclosure. Next to these primary functions, the Multiplus has several advanced features, as outlined below.
Split phase options
Two units can be stacked to provide 120-0-120V, and additional units can be paralleled up to a total of 6 units per phase, to supply up to 30Kw/ 36Kw of split phase power. Alternatively, a split phase AC source can be obtained by connecting our autotransformer (see data sheet on www. victronenergy. com) to a European inverter programmed to supply 240V/ 60Hz.
PowerControl- Dealing with limited generator, shore side or grid power
Multiplus is a very powerful battery charger. It will, therefore, draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (near 20 A per 3 kVA Multiplus at 120 VAC). With the multiples control panel, a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The Multiplus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
PowerAssist- Boosting the capacity of shore or generator power
This feature takes the principle of power control to a further dimension. It allows the Multiplus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the Multiplus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from a battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
- Input voltage range (V DC): 19-33V/ 38-66V.
- Output: Output voltage: 230 VAC ± 2%; Frequency: 50 Hz ± 0,1%.
- Cont. output power at 25°C (VA): 3000.
- Cont. output power at 25°C (W): 2400.
- Cont. output power at 40°C (W): 2200.
- Cont. output power at 65°C (W): 1700.
- Peak power (W): 6000.
- Maximum efficiency (%): 93/94/95.
- Zero load power (W): 20/25.
- Zero load power in AES mode (W): 15/20.
- Zero load power in Search mode (W): 10/12.
- AC Input: Input voltage range: 187-265 VAC; Input frequency: 45 – 65 Hz; Power factor: 1.
- Charge voltage 'absorption' (V DC): 28.8/ 57.6.
- Charge voltage 'float' (V DC): 27.6 / 55.2.
- Storage mode (V DC): 26.4/ 52.8.
- Charge current house battery (A): 70/35.
- Charge current starter battery (A): 4 (12 V and 24 V models only).
- Battery temperature sensor: Yes.
- Power Control: Yes.
- Power Assist: Yes.
- Transfer switch (A): 16 or 50.
- Auxiliary output: Yes (16A).
- Programmable relay: Yes.
- VE. Bus communication port: For parallel and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration.
- General purpose com. port: Yes.
- Remote on-off: Yes.
- Common Characteristics: Operating temp. range: -40 to +65°C (fan assisted cooling) Humidity (non-condensing): max 95%.
- Material & Colour: aluminium (blue RAL 5012).
- Protection category: IP 21.
- Battery-connection: Four M8 Bolts (2 positive and 2 negative connections).
- 230 V AC-connection: Screw terminals 13mm² (6AWG).
- Weight (kg): 18
- Dimensions (hxwxd)(mm): 362 x 258 x 218.